About Diploma in Hotel Management (DHM)
Diploma in Hotel Management is a 3-year diploma level Hotel Management course. Divided into six semesters, diploma in hotel management course focuses on the management of hotel administration, accounts, advertising, housekeeping, front office or front office, food and beverage management, catering, and upkeep.
Students must complete 10+2 class or its equivalent from a recognized school board. Admission to this Course is usually based on merit, but some of the colleges or universities conduct their entrance exams for admission to Diploma in Hotel Management colleges in India. The course fee ranges from INR 10,000 to 2,00,000.
Different subjects taught under this program are Basic food production, Health Hygiene, Accommodation operation, Marketing sales management, Applications of computers, Hotel Law, Basic food & beverage service, etc.
After Diploma in Hotel Management, students can work as a Hotel Manager, Restaurant Manager, Maintenance Manager, Front Office Manager, etc with an average salary of INR 2-6 Lakhs.
Diploma in Hotel Management: Course Highlights
|Examination Type||Semester Wise|
|Admission Process||AIMA UGAT, AIHMCT WAT, BVP CET, etc.|
|Top recruiting organizations||Oberoi Hotels, ITC, Taj Group, Hilton Group, etc.|
|Top recruiting areas||Colleges and universities, hotel industry, hotel administration management, tourism industry, and such.|
|Top job profiles||Hotel Manager, Restaurant Manager, Maintenance Manager, Front Office Manager, Hotel Assistant, among others.|
|Course Fee||INR 10,000 to 2,00,000|
|Average Starting Salary||INR 2,00,000 to 6,00,000|
Diploma in Hotel Management: Eligibility
Listed below are the minimum criteria required for taking admission in Diploma in Hotel Management:
- Successful qualification of the 10+2 level of education in any stream, from a recognized educational Board.
- A minimum aggregate score of 50% (5% relaxation for SC/ST/OBC candidates) at the 10+2 level.
Diploma in Hotel Management: Admission Process
Admission to the course is based on the student’s performance in a relevant entrance exam or merit obtained in the last qualifying exam.
How to apply
You can apply for admission to this course, through both online and offline mode.
Follow the below-mentioned steps that you need to follow while applying for this course:
- Visit either the official website of the Institute or the Application Forms Admission Office of the Institute.
- Fill the application form as directed and upload the required documents.
Diploma in Hotel Management Entrance Exams in India
|Entrance Exam||Conducting Body||Exam Mode||Date of Examination|
|AIMA UGAT||All India Management Association (AIMA)||Remote Proctored Internet-Based Test (IBT)||July 19, 2021|
|AIHMCT WAT||Army Institute of Hotel Management & Catering Technology (AIHMCT)||Online||1st Week of May|
|BVP CET||Bharati Vidyapeeth University||Online||June 20 – June 27, 2021|
|JET Entrance Exam.||Jain University||Offline||January 19, 2021|
Points to remember while attempting the entrance exams
- Do not dedicate more than 5 minutes to one question.
- Reject the incorrect answers and then check the correct answer while attempting MCQs.
- Check and recheck your calculations.
- If you are unsure about a question, move on to the next. This will help with time management. You can come back to the question at the end of the paper.
How to get admission in a good College?
- Get an idea of what kind of question is asked in the entrance exams and also known the difficulty level of the exam.
- Make sure you cover the 10+2 syllabus as more than half of the questions are from the 10+2 syllabus only.
- Keep an eye on dates and deadlines. Regularly visit the college website to get the latest news and information about the admission process.
- To keep yourself updated read the newspaper every day.